Friday, November 5, 2010

Fun with Fusemail

Geez...all I wanted was to retrieve a letter in my Mailbox files so I could get Karin Strom's phone number. She's the new editor of Interweave Magazine.

I tried connecting with Fusemail's "Online Chat" for the help desk but no one responded after a very long time and several attempts. But I did receive a message asking if I'd like to speak online to their sales team. Sure, I thought. They can wake up the guy on the Help Desk.

This transcript is short...but it occurred over a lengthy period of time as I awaited responses.

Kate:
Hi, my name is Kate, I'm in the Sales department. Before we get started, may I please have your name, email address and phone number, just in case we get disconnected.

Me: Deborah, deborah@yarnmarket.com xxx-xxx-9276

Kate: Hi Deborah, how can I help you today?

Me: I'm trying to get your Support Help but no one is connecting. I see that you're all set up to sell the product, but is there anyone who can Help me figure out why I can't open my emails? When I do, the entire content area is blank.

Kate:
Very sorry to hear that you are having difficulties.

Kate:
Let me try to look-up your account while I also try to get someone in support to help you out.

Me:
Thank you.

Kate: When did you last access your email and it was working properly?

Me: Probably a couple of weeks ago -- at least. These days I get messages that my Mail Files don't exist when I try to save something in Outlook. I've been ignoring it and hoping it would fix itself, but now I need information from an email sent to me in September that I filed and I can't open it.

Kate:
Of course, that sounds very inconvenient

Kate: Let me transfer you to support right away, unfortunately this is something I am not capable of resolving myself.

Kate:
Thank you so much for your patience.
You have been transfered to Bruce, one moment while your chat is being reviewed.


SEVERAL MINUTES LATER


Me:
Bruce...you finished reviewing yet?

Bruce:
I apologize for the delay. What web browser are you currently using.

Me: I use both Mozilla and IE -- and need to switch constantly because Fusemail doesn't seem to like Mozilla.

Bruce:
I apologize for this issue. When using Mozilla FireFox, it works for me.

Bruce:
I'm taking a look at your account right now to see if I can recreate on this end.

Me:
Good one! You can read my emails but I can't.

Me: I am now getting a message in IE. When I click on the email title to read the email I get the message Internet Explore cannot display the webpage. What you can try: Diagnose Connection problems.


SEVERAL MINUTES LATER


Me: How about this, Bruce? You go into my email...in the Inbox under Magazines is a file called Interweave. There is a letter from Karin Strom on 9/27. How about you read it and give me the contact info I need?


SEVERAL MINUTES LATER


Me:
Bruce. You there? Shall I call 911?


SEVERAL MINUTES LATER


Me: Bruce...I can see that you're typing...but nothing's coming through. And it's taking a long time. Are you having a stroke? Has someone broken into the facility and they're holding you hostage? Shall I call the police?

SEVERAL MINUTES LATER


Bruce:
I apologize for the delayed response. I am currently applying fixes on my end to your account.

Me: So that means it was broken.

Me: Thank God you're alive. I was beginning to worry.


SEVERAL MINUTES LATER


Bruce: I reset the cache and did a folder fix, but am unable to find the folder of Magazines.

Bruce: Could you please log out of the account and log back in for me?

Me:
I will do that right now. When I just checked my Interweave File (sorry...in the Inbox under Media, Magazines, Interweave) it was empty. I'll be right back. Don't go away or get kidnapped.

Me: Bruce, now the Interweave folder is completely empty. The message is "This Folder is Empty." Have all my emails been wiped out with the fix?

Bruce: I don't believe so, but it sounds like I need to create a ticket and send it up to our system administrators to have them look into this further. What is a good email address that we could stay in contact with you at?

Me: Bruce, I am now seeing that NONE of my emails are visible. How about it if you try to reach me by my Fusemail Account? Oh...I know...that's a good one, isn't it?

Me: Seeing as how Fusemail doesn't work...maybe your tech people could reach me through xxxx@gmail.com.

Bruce: I will create the ticket and send it up to them and as soon as we know something, we will let you know.

Me:
Dhanyabad!



Okay, it looks like it's going to be a while before I can get into my email to find Karin's phone number. If anyone out there has it, can you please send it to me?

Oh...and I don't suppose I have to tell you that I wouldn't recommend Fusemail.

No comments: