Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday, Monday...

Well, it's only Monday and I'm already exhausted. We've been working away on our newest issue of Knitch Magazine (which will be out later this week) and we've just started creating another issue of Spotlight.

I've taken a break and have been poring over the latest issue of Knit 'n Style. The October issue is fantastic, and we're delighted there's a new pattern for Caledon Hills by the fantastic Drew Emborsky. Stefanie will create a project on Yarnmarket so you can buy the magazine, yarn and tools in one easy click.

When I popped over to Facebook to send Drew a note, I couldn't help but chuckle at these shots of pea chicks that were posted by Vinny Pinto, the fellow who has held Katrinka -- of Fabulous Felines fame -- in his arms for five minutes without being clawed to death. Vinny is the proud owner and photographer of a Mama Peacock and her five babies. Can you imagine having your very own peacock?!

I asked him if I could share these photos with you because it's not every day you get to see a mama and her baby peacocks. My own mother, who has wild turkey babies in her yard, is a little bit envious of Vinny and the Peacocks.

Do you think I ought to try to get my Mom a peacock for his birthday in November? Do peacocks make nice gifts? And, more importantly, can they survive a Canadian winter?

No comments: