Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hurry! Enter the contest to win an autographed copy of Nicky Epstein's newest book.

You've got only about 7 1/2 hours to enter...and a lot can happen in 7 1/2 hours so you'd better enter right now!

For example, 7 1/2 hours ago I was a perfectly happy middle-aged lady working in a yarn shop. And then my e-mail system went completely insane and started sending emails to people who'd sent e-mails to me about two months ago. Boy, were they ever surprised.

So about 7 hours ago I started writing apologies. I didn't want people to think I sent them blank emails for no good reason. It was for a good reason: I make computer systems melt down.

About 6 hours ago I started working with the email provider to fix the problem. They didn't believe it had happened.

About 5 hours ago, after sending several examples to the email provider, they realized I was telling the truth! They started to take me seriously.

About 4 hours ago I went home for lunch. It wasn't very good, but I ate it anyway. My doctor has put me on a gluten-free diet and do you know what? Gluten is what makes the stuff you eat taste good. It's often a critical part of the composition. Especially in sandwiches. What do you use if you don't have bread? I tried lettuce but it didn't work very well and I had to change my clothes. Oh, what I wouldn't give for just one piece of toast... But I digress.

About 3 hours ago I helped the email provider test the system to figure out what was wrong.

About 2 hours ago they wrote to say that they've escalated the problem. (Translation: They can't figure it out. But now they're admitting it.)

I think it was one hour ago that my cheek turned red and started to hurt again and I realized that the stress of today was making my face break out in shingles. Again.

So, in less than 7 hours I went from being a very happy middle-aged lady working in a yarn shop to a crazed maniac with a bright red face that hurts a lot.

And people wonder why I flee to a monastery several times each year.

Let this be a lesson to you.

Enter the contest to win an autographed copy of Nicky Epstein's newest book, Enchanting Collection, for Aslan Trends right now. Because in seven hours, you could be standing at the door of a monastery screaming, "Let me in!!!!"

And you're not even Catholic.


Oh, yeah...the rules. Send an email to: nicky@yarnmarket.com
Answer the question: What college did Nicky Epstein attend?

You'll find the answer in KnitchMagazine's interview with Nicky.

2 comments:

easily distracted said...

Oh no! I was one of the people who got random blank emails and it really didn't bother me, I swear. I just found it amusing to communicate with an auto-generated blank email. I hope I didn't contribute to your shingles!!

Anyways, I wish I could flee to a monastery. It's starting to sound lovely.

Deborah Knight said...

Oh, I'm so happy to hear that! I was afraid I'd upset a lot of people...and I'm still trying to figure out what happened. I have a feeling that our email service and the browser I use are incompatible. I'm going to test it with another one and see what happens. If you get another goofy email, I'm really, really sorry.

If you ever want to run away to a monastery, just call me and I'll tell you the good ones! I go from monastery to monastery throughout the world...and I just sit there in the silence. Smiling. Ahhhh...

I was at an Abbey a few weeks ago and I told the nun I really envy her job and I'd love to have it. She said it's not as much fun as it looks. Well, there goes another dream...shattered.