Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kollage Yarns are Riveting!


Okay...I'm having fun with the name, but once you see this yarn you'll know why I say, "Riveting is riveting!" This eco-friendly yarn is made of recycled blue jean fibers. Isn't that neat? You know how comfy your worn in blue jeans are, so imagine a yarn made from those fibers.

It comes in nice, big skeins of 350 yards for $15.65...which is great for those of us who do not necessarily enjoy the art of weaving in ends. The fewer ends, the better, I say!

The colors are terrific, too. You've got your usual blue jeans colors and then colors like Charcoal, Forest and Lava.

Susan Moraca at Kollage is always coming up with something brilliant and new and I think this is one of her best ideas yet. (Although I've got to admit that the square knitting needles were pure genius...and a gift of knitting to those with arthritis in their hands!)

I've been trying to decide what to make with this soft, eco-friendly yarn. There are some terrific -- and quick -- cowl patterns that are awfully tempting. But then I'm reminded that our sweet designer, Amanda, has just announced that she and Stephen are expecting a baby girl. Their first baby, Lillian is about 1 1/2 now, so it's time for a little sister.

Maybe I need to start looking at baby patterns like this Tabitha top.

Oh...I've already come up with some names for the new baby. The last name is Wood so I've suggested:
Laurel Wood
Arden Wood
Heath Wood
and my favorite...Iwishu Wood.

No comments: