Monday, March 1, 2010

CAT teaches us how to double-knit

About a year ago, Iris Schreier knitted the most gorgeous scarf for her husband. I admired it, contemplated bonking him on the head and grabbing it, but didn't even consider making one similar to it because it was reversible. I didn't realize at the time that double-knitting doesn't necessarily mean double difficult!

When I watched CAT's newest episode of Let's Knit2Gether, I was astounded by how easy it is...and what absolutely stunning results you can achieve. She shows us a really simple little reversible head band, demonstrates the technique, and then whets our appetites with some patterns that are truly magnificent.

I'm going to have to give it a try and maybe, just maybe I can become confident enough to create one of the patterns in Iris Schreier's book, Reversible Knits.

At the end of the video CAT also shows us her afghans 4 Afghans project that she's hurrying to finish in time for the upcoming deadline. There's another shipment jetting its way to Afghanistan very soon, so please be sure to contribute if you can.


No comments: