Monday, April 18, 2011

If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?

Ummm...yeah, I guess I would.

You know how it is when you're sitting around the yarn shop talking about the newest Anny Blatt patterns or the latest issue of Vogue Knitting...and the conversation turns to amazingly insane things you've done in your life.

Well, here's mine. I did it about two weeks before I turned 50. Alex did it first and there was no way I was going to let him be more stupid than I am. The noise in the background is mostly spectators and others waiting to leap to certain death.

What amazingly crazy thing have you done...that you later lived to talk about?

5 comments:

Judi said...

Has anyone ever told you you're nuts?! :-) Wow! Great jump

Deborah Knight said...

Sometimes they like to soften it a bit. As in, "You march to a different drummer, don't you?" or "You think outside the box, don't you?" or "You have an unfilled prescription for lithium, don't you?"

Robin said...

I got nervous just watching you jump. I'm afraid of heights and would never be able to even stand on the platform you jumped from. Kudos to you!

Deborah Knight said...

Robin, I'm so afraid of heights I won't even get on a ladder! You have no idea how terrified I was. What you can't see -- because the camera is on my feet at the time -- is that I have a steel-hold grip on that young guy's pant pocket right up until the point where they're counting me down for my jump. (That's why I'm standing on that edge for a while. I'm waiting for my go-ahead.) I swear, it was the most frightening thing I've ever done in my life. And I'm really glad I did it.

laura bryant said...

Good for you, Deb! For someone who was supposedly terrified, you did a remarkably graceful swan dive. I'm jealous.