Sunday, April 10, 2011

Alex is so stupid!

You know, you think you know a guy after 30 years of marriage, but there's always some horrible surprise just waiting to destroy your illusions.

There we were having a perfectly pleasant evening last night when Alex blurted it out, "There's no such thing as anti-matter."

"What?" I gasped as I recoiled in horror.

"It's stupid," he responded, as if he'd just gotten back from CERN and was on a short stop-over in Pickerington, OH before heading over to Fermi to tell them his conclusion. "There's no such thing."

Well, I have to tell you that I was absolutely floored. I'd never imagined Alex would say such a horrible, insensitive thing.

I sat there stunned, shaken, and just when I decided I'd let it drop and pretend he'd never spoken of it he had the unmitigated gall to add, "There's no Higgs Boson either!"

4 comments:

Jan D. said...

Oh THANKS! Now I have to clean up Coca Cola spray from my monitor! (It's only because I'm married to someone who adores science that I understood this, btw)

Deborah Knight said...

When I file for divorce, you can tell people why. I know that you'll understand.

Quinn said...

Whew. Yikes. That's anti-grounds for divorce.

Deborah said...

I've decided to stay with him so I can eke out revenge over the next 20 years. Sort of like the punishment I've been inflicting on him for the past 30!