Monday, April 11, 2011

Easter is the perfect time for Sirdar!

When Easter comes around I think about how excited I was as a little girl to get my new Easter outfit. I think it was a requirement in the 1960s that every little girl's Easter outfit included little white gloves, white shoes and a hat.

When I think of adorable children's wear, the first name that comes to mind is Sirdar. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of you Grandmas and Moms out there. The folks at Sirdar do a magnificent job on pretty little girl's clothing that is sweet and innocent. (Don't get me started about thongs for pre-teens!)

I like to see babies look like babies and little kids look like little kids. This is why I thought I'd show you two great little outfits you can make in time for Easter.

I selected them from Snuggly Baby Crofter, Book 377 by Sirdar that uses the Baby Crofter yarns that are so pretty. I love the pastel colors, don't you?

The first one I"ve shown is the Snuggly Baby Crofter Ballerina Cardigan The tie front is always nice because it can be comfortably adjusted.

I think this pretty little piece would be terrific for a morning of Easter Egg hunting. It's the Ribbed Yoke Cardi in Snuggly Baby Crofter DK. This wouldn't be too difficult to make in time for Easter or any upcoming spring event.

I know you'll love working with these Sirdar yarns, if you haven't already tried them. We've got lots of colors in stock...though, as you can see, I'm a little partial to blues and mauves.

Be sure to read our upcoming Spotlight on Sirdar for more great ideas from this truly wonderful yarn company.

No comments: