Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Maureen.

A few weeks ago, I received a call from a new customer, Maureen. She lives in Buffalo -- which is just a stone's throw from my old home town. As I was helping Maureen with her order, we got to chat about all sorts of wonderful things, like Goldie who used to do the fund raising for the local PBS channel. Everyone knows Goldie!

For Maureen's birthday, I thought I'd remind her of a few other things that she might remember:

Dave Thomas as Commander Tom on Rocketship 7
Friday Night Fright Night at 11:30 that showed those terrific old horror movies
"Talkin' Proud"
Fire in Tonawonda! Details at ll.
"It's eleven o'clock. Do you know where your children are?"
"Fun? Wow!" at Marineland
Treasure Island
Irv Weinstein

Have a wonderful birthday, Maureen. We're glad you received your yarn today.

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Thank you very much to my friends at Yarnmarket. What a thrill to be remembered on my 63rd birthday. Life just gets better every year. I have received such great service from the terrific staff at Yarnmarket. I placed my first order in September and received terrific support. I know that this will be the beginning of a wonderful and FUN business relationship. Thanks again ! Happy Halloween and Autumn to all.

Deborah Knight said...

Have fun celebrating your 63rd. Have some Buffalo Wings for us!

andrea said...

The picture is actually Dave Thomas with the Robot "Promo" on Rocketship 7. His son is now the star of "Bones"...
Do you remember "Forgetful" the Elf that was on TV tracking Santa and the progress at the North Pole during the holiday season? (One of my favorite memories!)
I'm actually from the Hamburg area. Loved your shout out to Deborah. Thanks...me too...for the memories!

Deborah Knight said...

Wow! Andrea, you're absolutely right! I've changed the blog to correct the error. Imagine confusing Tom Jolls with Dave Thomas. I'm so embarrassed. And, yes, I do remember Forgetful. I did some research and it turns out I was watching Tom Jolls as Commander Tom on the afternoon show. Boy, those were the good old days. All you needed was some Jiffy Pop and Fizzies and life was good.

Maureen said...

Promo had a baby??? (ha ha)

Remember that Buffalo Bob and Howdy Doody were born here too ! Wow. I am dating myself.

Deborah Knight said...

Well, you learn something new every day! I didn't know that Buffalo Bob and Howdy Doody were from Buffalo! How about this: It's Kenner. It's fun. GRAWK!!!