Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lace Blocking -- It's Not As Hard As You'd Think!

CAT makes everything look easy. If you sat her down and said, "Explain quantum mechanics in terms I can understand," she'd be able to do it. So I'm not surprised that she makes lace blocking look like a walk in the park.

Really...you'll be surprised at how easy it is.

Be sure to watch right to the end because after the video is over, we're treated to the out-takes. I always love the out-takes. This week we hear CAT do her impression of the Mackenzie Brothers (coo-roo-coo-coo-coo-coo-coo-coo) from Second City and then she breaks out into one of my all-time favorites, Geddy Lee of Rush singing, "Take off!"

Goofy fact of the day: The term "hoser" started in the Downsview area of Toronto in the 1970s when I was a teenager. Rick Moranis -- who was from our area -- and Dave Thomas didn't have to stretch too far when they created the bacon-frying, beer-swilling goofballs for the SCTV skit. They were acting like every boy I went to school with.

And, get this! (CAT is going to be so jealous.) Rush used to play our high school dances. Neat, eh?

Take a look at CAT's latest Let's Knit2Gether video...and then knit yourself up a pretty lace toque! Coo-roo-coo-coo-coo-coo-coo-coo!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Rush played your high school dance? Be still my heart...I'll be singing "Subdivisions" all day.

Deborah Knight said...

And I'll be calling out, "Coo roo coo coo, coo coo coo coo!"