Monday, March 7, 2011

Could it be a Red Shouldered Hawk?

My Mom says it doesn't look like an owl to her. She thinks it might be a hawk. The Only Nikki (from Ravelry) and my Mom have both mentioned Red-Shouldered Hawk so I checked a site Nikki sent me to and I think they're right.

Here are more shots of the Mystery Bird.


One thing I know is that it's not a turkey vulture because they're big and ugly and when they stare me in the eye I see their big, hideous red heads. They won't be arriving until later next week when they're on their way back to Hinckley, Ohio. I wish I were kidding about this. The swallows return to Capistrano. The vultures return to Hinckley.

3 comments:

debd94 said...

I believe that it is a red-shouldered hawk. We have had two in our yard here in New Jersey.

Deborah Knight said...

Thank you! I think you've got the final vote. We will declare it a Red-Shouldered Hawk. Thanks for letting me know.

tcodom said...

A juvenile, perhaps? Just saying coz of the fuzzy looking head.