Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Arrivederci Pickerington!

After a very busy week that included a Ravelry Event at Yarnmarket and the big TNNA Conference, we're on our way to Italia to soak up a little sun, drink a little vino and float in the Mediterranean Sea. Oh, I know what you're all thinking. You're thinking, "Deb, you're the cheapest person on the planet. Are you really spending money to go to Italy?"

My answer is, "Why do you think I'm so cheap?"

I buy my clothes at Sam's Club. I dye my own hair, do my own gardening, paint my own fingernails, and fix my own washer so I can spend all that money I save for dipping my toes in the nice warm sea. Yes, I'm sure a lot of others buy their clothes at Sam's Club. But I'll bet you didn't buy your wedding gown there.

Okay, I'm kidding. But it's not that far off.

Even my neighbor, Carol, once said to a clerk in a store as I stood beside her, "This is the cheapest woman in the world." I puffed up with pride! (She owed me one. I'd embarrassed her at Victoria's Secret when I put a thong over my head and said, "This is a pretty eye patch."

So we're off to Italy bright and early tomorrow...right after I finish making the 14 peanut butter sandwiches I'm going to take with us to eat. You don't think I'd spend money on a restaurant, do you?

Be good to all our Yarn Martians while I'm gone. I'll be back on July 1st to celebrate Canada Day and my Dad's birthday.

No comments: