Monday, April 13, 2009

Jumpin' Jitterbugs! Look at these pretty socks

When we got the new Colinette Jitterbug yarn a few weeks ago, I was really knocked out by the colors. So was Alex...so he recruited me to knit up a pair of socks in Jewel, a pretty deep blue streaked with reds, yellow, oranges, greens and other colors that really pop . The result is probably the nicest pair of socks I've created!

Colinette Jitterbug yarn is sumptuously soft merino that's spun as a traditional 4-ply, fingering-weight. The lovely hand painted colorways are spectacular and each hank comes with a free sock pattern attached to the label. But that's not the sock I knit. I used a Franken-pattern that I created on my own using pieces of other patterns because:

a. It's easy
b. It's got nice ribbing right to the toe
c. It's easy.

Easy really counts with me!

We'll be putting the pattern up on KnitchMagazine.com when it launches later this week, so if you want it, be sure to go to the magazine to visit our Free Pattern section. Or, better yet, sign up now so you'll get an Alert when the magazine is released.

We've got lots of Jitterbug in stock in 9 glorious colors. Now that I've made this pair in Jewel I think I might need to knit the whole set.

No comments: